Local election integrity
* PFCA Sonoma County Team *
Patriot Force California (PFCA)
Return to top of page
is a non-partisan grassroots group of Californians joining forces with fellow citizens and providing education on how they can take action in their own communities to promote free and fair elections.
No Calvary is coming. If we don’t hold our elected representatives accountable to fix our elections, who will?
The PFCA Sonoma County team has formed an Election canvass team. Their position is: “All legally registered voters need to have confidence in our elections. Elections are the backbone of our Democracy. Voters need to know that their votes count, and their voices are heard. The Sonoma County Election Canvass Team wants to advocate for legal certifiable voters in Sonoma County. All we seek, all anybody really wants, is the truth. If our election systems are broken, we need to repair them and restore faith in our elections. Without free and fair elections, we don’t have a country.”
Timeline of events:
- In April and May 2023 in invitation was extended to Sonoma county elected representatives to attend a Nonpartisan Election Integrity Event (held locally on May 21) in order to to learn more about election integrity alongside their constituency. The invitation was declined by the representatives.
- In June 2023 This newly established Election Canvass Team, comprised of Sonoma County voters, conducted the first ever election canvass effort in Sonoma County to explore the transparency and accountability of our election systems. The objective was to verify the accuracy of Sonoma County voter rolls.
- In August 2023, the preliminary findings of that initial canvass were presented to the Santa Rosa Registrar of Voters with whom the election canvass team is still in communication.
- In October 2023, Sonoma County Election Canvass team presented a statement to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors, via public comment.
- A Work in Progress. A plan is in place to conduct a Non-Partisan survey of registered Sonoma County voters to solicit their feedback about our election systems. As more data is accumulated in Sonoma County, an event/townhall/forum could be organized to disseminate what is learned along the way.
As voters become more informed about election system transparency and accountability, the hope is that they will learn how to exercise their right under California Constitutional Guarantee Article ll, Section 2.5, to let their voices be heard and their responsibility to ask questions of their elected representatives. It is their civic duty.
* Election Canvass Findings to BOS *
Return to top of page
On 3 October 2023, seven members of the Sonoma County Election Canvass team presented to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors during the Public Comments segment of the meeting. The presentation included the findings reported to the Office of the Registrar of Voters. You are encouraged to read this compelling statement!
Click here for public comments to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors
Although it is unknown how the Supervisors themselves received the message, it was well received by everyone in the chambers, even drawing applause at some points. Most speakers followed up with a letter thanking the BOS for their time and inquiring as to how to best communicate with them in the future. Team members will continue to establish relationships with their respective supervisors. Cultivation of cooperative relationships with the ROV, BOS, and Sheriff is of paramount importance. At least monthly, team members will attend BOS (and City Council) meetings and make future statements to them as we learn more from our research.
Click here for the Board of Supervisors webpage for the Oct 3 meeting